1. Mao L, Hong, WK, and Papadimitrakopoulou V. Focus on head and neck cancer, Cancer Cell; 5:311-316, 2004.
2. Ren H, Tang X, Lee JJ, Feng L, Everett AD, Hong WK, Khuri FR, Mao L: Expression of hepatoma-derived growth factor is a strong prognostic predictor for patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology; 22:3230-3237, 2004.
3. Ren H, Tai S-K, Khuri F, Chu Z, Mao L: Farnesyltransferase inhibitor SCH66336 induces rapid phosphorylation of eukaryotic translation elongation factor 2 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells. Cancer Research; 65:5841-5847, 2005.
4. Zhang J, Ren H, Yuan P, Lang W, Zhang L, Mao L: Down-regulation of hepatoma-derived growth factor inhibits anchorage-independent growth and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Cancer Research, 66:18-23, 2006.
5. Wang J, Walsh G, Liu D, Lee JJ, Mao L: Expression of deltaDNMT3B Variants and its association with promoter methylation of p16 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Research; 66:8361-8366, 2006.
6. Temam S, Kawaguchi H, El-Naggar AK, Jelinek J, Tang H, Liu D, Lang W, Issa, Lee JJ, Mao L: Epidermal growth factor receptor copy number alterations correlate with poor clinical outcome in patients with head and neck squamous cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology; 25:2152-6. 2007.
7. Wang J, Bhutan M, Pathak AK, Lang W, Ren H, Jelinek J, He R, Shen L, Issa JP, and Mao L. deltaDNMT3B variants regulate DNA methylation in a promoter-specific manner. Cancer Research; 67(22):10647-52. 2007.
8. Kawaguchi H, El-Naggar AK, Papadimitrakopoulou V, Ren H, Fan YH, Feng L, Lee JJ, Kim E, Hong WK, Lippman SM, Mao L. Podoplanin: a novel marker for oral cancer risk in patients with oral premalignancy. Journal of Clinical Oncology; 26(3):354-60, 2008.
9. Bhutani M, Pathak AK, Fan Y, Liu D, Lee JJ, Tang H, Kurie JM, Morice RC, Kim ES, Hong WK, Mao L. Oral Epithelium as a Surrogate Tissue for Assessing Smoking-Induced Molecular Alterations in the Lungs. Cancer Prevention Research; 1: 39-44, 2008.
10. Ren H, Chu Z, Mao L. Antibodies targeting hepatoma-derived growth factor as a novel strategy in treating lung cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics; in press, 2009.